dogs arthritis aspirin

Altruism, alternative cultures, technology, simple living, sustainability, primitivism, etc.
Altruismo, alternativaj kulturoj, teĥnologio, simpla vivado, daŭrigebleco, primitivismo
janKipo

Re: dogs arthritis aspirin

Post by janKipo »

Can we get rid of tis stuff? Or, better. stop it before it gets here?
jan Ote

Post by jan Ote »

janKipo wrote:Can we get rid of tis stuff? Or, better. stop it before it gets here?
jan Sonja is the only person who has administrator rights here.
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

And doesn't titivate as often as some might like.
jan Josan

Post by jan Josan »

I just sent a message to emufarmers to remove the last two offenders. Whenever I've done this in the past, they have stopped (I don't know if this is going to Sonja or the host site administrator). It would be nice to clear the posts out of the record too...
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

It does appear that both the hucksters have had their original messages removed. Thanks to whomever this is due to
janMato

Post by janMato »

Emu farmer most likely.

jan pali pi ma en moku pi waso pi tawa wawa
worker of the land and food of bird of fast trips

jan ma pali tawa waso pi tawa wawa
working man (err... lady) of the land for (the goal of raising) bird of fast trips

waso pi tawa wawa pi pali ma
bird of fast trips (that is related to) working the land

waso suli pu pali e ma.

jan ni li pali e pali ni. pali li tawa ni. jan li kama jo e waso suli en tawa wawa.

If I have to use two sentences to say "Emu farmer", does that mean I can modify both of those sentences with the vocative o, or place them in any noun slot?
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

The vocative 'o' doesn't modify sentences but nouns (if "modify" is the right word) and tp doesn't allow sentences in noun slots. What might be possible in the latter case is collapsing the sentence into a noun phrase, like most of your samples there. Of course, the use of PP in NP is still open to question (but less so each day, it seems) and 'pu' doesn't function the way you suggest -- as far as anyone beside Sonja can tell. Perhaps you mean the "imperative" 'o', which replaces a subject (and 'li', but the subject is usually 'sina') to make a request or goes before the whole sentence converting a statement into a wish or an exhortation.
Why "fast bid" or the like? Why not "flightless bird" first off and then mess around with sorting off penguins and ostriches (and rheas and moas, just in case).? Oh, right, saying "flightless" takes more space than its worth.