SiteChat, solves some IRC problems

Discuss any other topic in here.
Diskutu ĉiujn aliajn temojn ĉi tie.
jan Kapiwe

SiteChat, solves some IRC problems

Post by jan Kapiwe »

toki!

So, it has been pretty difficult to talk with someone in the IRC. What usually happens is:

>User1 connects
>User1 waits for 2 minutes for someone else in the chat.
>User1 quits the chat, seeing that no one is online.

Ten minutes later...

>User2 connects to the chat.
>User2 also waits some minutes, but quits.

If I want to talk with someone, I have to check the chat every few minutes, and that is really bad. So, what can "fix" that? SiteChat.
SiteChat is a chrome extension that turns any domain into an anonymous chatroom, and it notificates you when there are new messages. So, instead of waiting fo rpeople at the IRC, you can just chat with anyone browsing the forum, for example. I don't know if there is a firefox version, but if you don't have chrome, you should consider downloading it. It is fast, practical and supports many themes and extensions. I really recommend it.

For those of you that will download the extension, I look foward to talking to you all.
mi mute o musi!
Kuti

Re: SiteChat, solves some IRC problems

Post by Kuti »

What you have to do in IRC

>user 1 connect
>user 1 says toki

because if you don't says toki it worsen the chances of user2 to notice you and to reply

so
>user 1 connect
>user 1 says toki
>user 2 says toki

or
>user 1 connect
>user 1 says toki
>nobody reply ( bacause people are not at computer, and maybe sleeping, or in a different time zone )
> user 1 have to wait.

What I do is : using mIRC
When someone talk, the name of the channel [ #tokipona ] appears in a different color.
When I use Internet Explorer or Second Life, or anything else like non-internet application, i don't use the full screen, i let some space at the bottom of the screen, so i see if people are talking.
If I use fullscreen, I say that i am not here, or i check every minute if somone talks.
Or I can put the chat on my second screen ( which is an old tv :lol: ) and use fullscreen in computer to do something else.

:mrgreen:
jan Kapiwe

Post by jan Kapiwe »

mi tawa kulupu toki IRC kepeken nasin ni: mi tawa lipu http://webchat.freenode.net/. mi pali e ni tan ni: mi wile ala e ilo IRC lon ilo sona mi. taso nasin sina li pona! :D
mi mute o musi!
Kuti

Post by Kuti »

Code: Select all

|22:15:27| * janKapiwe (c943af8b@gateway/web/freenode/ip.201.67.175.139) has joined #tokipona
|22:15:35| <janKapiwe> jan ale o, toki
|22:21:05| <Kuti> toki
|22:24:30| * janKapiwe (c943af8b@gateway/web/freenode/ip.201.67.175.139) Quit (Ping timeout: 258 seconds)
taso ilo sina li pakala lili :mrgreen:
jan Kapiwe

Post by jan Kapiwe »

tenpo ni la mi kama jo e ilo mIRC. tenpo kama la mi toki tawa sina!
mi mute o musi!
thechuff

Post by thechuff »

I use the IRC and I downloaded the extension.