New conlang inspired by toki pona!

Discuss any other topic in here.
Diskutu ĉiujn aliajn temojn ĉi tie.
janPajen

New conlang inspired by toki pona!

Post by janPajen »

Hi all,

My name is Brian and I'm new to the forum here. To introduce myself, I'm 14 years old, love languages, and am from Pennsylvania.

I have been interested in toki pona for about two or three years now, and have enjoyed very much jan Pije's lessons and the tokipona.org site.

Just awhile back I had been spending some time on the #tokipona IRC chat; you may have seen me there.

Anyway, I just wanted to say first how much I love toki pona and am inspired by it before I announce my other matter.

I have always wanted to create a language myself, and have been gathering ideas for the past couple years.

Finally, today, upon watching one of Arpee's videos on YouTube, I decided to make one.

I wanted to make a "bare-bones" elemental-style toki pona-inspired language, but I heard one thing that interested me. Arpee said that there had been a challenge to see if someone could make a 20-word language.

I did just about that, and made "ta lo ne", a small language of thirty words that goes down to the bases of human emotion and thought.

I put together the language as it is presented, just in a few hours. But the thought is pretty intricate.

Anyway, I don't want to babble but I wanted to let people know about the website I just made for ta lo ne.

I am hoping that I may meet some fellow conlangers who enjoy languages like toki pona and may like to look into my language for ideas.

Here is the site: http://talone.weebly.com

Please enjoy and let me know what you think! Email me at [emailbriangreco][at][gmail][dot][com]

jan Pajen
(Brian)
janKipo

Re: New conlang inspired by toki pona!

Post by janKipo »

jan Pajen o kama pona! While I am not a fan of knock-off languages, yours seems different enough to be worth examination in its own right. I would recommend that you get in touch with the Language Creation Society, from whose members you can get kindly critiques and good advice. \\//
janPajen

Post by janPajen »

Hi,

Thanks very much. I appreciate hearing from people as I want to get a very wide perspective on ta lo ne.

Please don't misunderstand me; I am not trying to make a knock-off at all. I got inspiration from toki pona, but am not trying to copy it. Other inspirations were bon wen, Chinese itself, and other conlangs and natlangs.

The language is very new (just was written yesterday) and still needs further developing and changing around. I still want to keep it simple in the form that it is, though.

Thanks for the ideas. If you'd like to help me work on it or even would like to learn some, I'd very much appreciate that, but I know everyone's very busy these days~

mu,
Brian
aikidave

Post by aikidave »

toki! toki sina li pona tawa mi. toki sina li jo e pilin pona mute. mi lukin e pilin mute tan toki pona lon toki sina.