kasi en moku

Tinkerers Anonymous: Some people can't help making changes to "fix" Toki Pona. This is a playground for their ideas.
Tokiponidistoj: Iuj homoj nepre volas fari ŝanĝojn por "ripari" Tokiponon. Jen ludejo por iliaj ideoj.
janAetherStar

kasi en moku

Post by janAetherStar »

Ok, didn't quite know if I should put this under Tinkerers Anonymous but here it is. A while back, I thought of an animal classification system. What I'm thinking of is how that could be applied to plants. I don't like not knowing what plants I can and can't eat, and I just think that such a thing would be useful in general. Ok fine, to me anyway, and anyone wanting to know about survival and plants. You'd grow up knowing that a dandelion is an edible plant, and black nightshade, but deadly nightshade is deadly (see how that works nicely in English?) and so is some-other-random-plant-that-I-don't-have-on-the-top-of-my-head. Want to know if you can eat the nuts of a ____? You wouldn't have to consult a guide since it'd be in the name, and learning what the 'edible' syllables are would be like learning the alphabet. Of course, there'd be some way to combine syllables or a really neat system of classification to shove a fair-ish deal of meaning into one or two syllables (the rest being a local name sort of thing), such as pa meaning 'all of the plant is edible' and pe being one less thing, or something, and anything with the vowel 'o' in the classifier being poisonous. This was written on a bit of a whim but I thought I'd get the idea out there. Sorry for not elaborating more.
ale li pona. :)
sina o sona e ni.
janSilipu

Re: kasi en moku

Post by janSilipu »

Useful maybe, but not tp, since it proposes an indefinitely expanding vocabulary. And not all that useful, since you still have to identify the plant once you know it's poisonous or not.
Delphij

Re: kasi en moku

Post by Delphij »

I've actually had the same idea a couple of years ago! I was thinking of implementing into that conlang I've always wanted to create, but I never came that far, unfortunately.