Animal classification

Tinkerers Anonymous: Some people can't help making changes to "fix" Toki Pona. This is a playground for their ideas.
Tokiponidistoj: Iuj homoj nepre volas fari ŝanĝojn por "ripari" Tokiponon. Jen ludejo por iliaj ideoj.
janAetherStar

Animal classification

Post by janAetherStar »

Ok, I know this will probably sound WAY too complex for tp, but it's just an extra thing and so far just an idea.
I've thought of a method for animal classification. Syllables are used in the name to classify an animal by what they eat and then 'local classifiers' (kind of like a more specific name) are added, since there will be animals that eat the same food of course. All non-local classifiers don't have an n on the end.
As an example, if I picked a bird that eats bugs and the syllable for the 'eats bugs' is Pin (like in pipi), and said bird was a mynah, say, I could call it a waso Pinaja or something. Then there's a blackbird, which also eats bugs, so I'd give it a different local classifier. It doesn't have to be similar to a known language at all, so I could call it a waso Pinole.

Ok, if that was a bit rant-ish, here's a summary:
-Animals classified by what they eat (or something similar I suppose)
-Syllables for this sort of classification end in n
-'Local' classifiers are added after to be more specfic and DO NOT end in -n

Just an idea. :)
ale li pona. :)
sina o sona e ni.
janKipo

Re: Animal classification

Post by janKipo »

Not very tpish; more toward a philosophical language. We don't need standing names for critters, just ways to refer to them when the need arises. To be sure, what they eat might be a useful notion to keep in mind as a way of making such references -- along with countless other things.