Takoinche wrote:Don't you guys think we NEED a word for "truth"?
A good exercise with these sort of questions is to check for how many definitions and senses there are for the word, I'm using dictionary.com here, and see if you can write some complete sentences.
1. the true or actual state of a matter: He tried to find out the truth.
jan li wile kama jo e ni: ijo li lon anu lon ala?
2. conformity with fact or reality; verity: the truth of a statement.
ma ale li supa. ni li lon ala. ma ale li sike. ni li lon.
3. a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like: mathematical truths.
jan nanpa li pali e pali pi lon nanpa. The mathematician wrote a proof.
4. the state or character of being true.
sitelen lape li kama lon. My dreams came true.
5. actuality or actual existence.
Hmm, I don't have a good example sentence for this one.
If I was feeling more creative, I probably could come up with phrases that don't use lon.