tika (a 100 word language inspired by Toki Pona)

Tinkerers Anonymous: Some people can't help making changes to "fix" Toki Pona. This is a playground for their ideas.
Tokiponidistoj: Iuj homoj nepre volas fari ŝanĝojn por "ripari" Tokiponon. Jen ludejo por iliaj ideoj.
jan Akesimun

Re: tika (a 100 word language inspired by Toki Pona)

Post by jan Akesimun »

jan Akesimun o! sina li sona ala e toki sin pi jan Ape. nimi pi toki sin li nimi Pu Lu. mi lukin e sitelen ni la ijo li ante ala. mi la jan Ape li wile pali e toki lili li jo nimi lili mute. mi sona ala e ni: tenpo ni la jan Ape li sitelen e kulupu ni. ken la jan Ape li kama tawa tomo pi kama sona pi sewi.

jan Mako o. mi ken ala sona e tan pi nimi sina. You mean, "Akesimun! You don't know Arpee's new language. The name of the new language is Pu Lu. When I saw this name, the thing didn't change. In my opinion, Arpee wants to make a small language and has a very small name. I don't know this: now Arpee writes this group. Maybe Arpee came to the Kama Sona forum of high?" mi sona ala e tan pi nimi kama sona pi sewi. ona li seme?
Yo estuve aquí.
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

Leaving aside the misuse of 'pi' (it needs two words after it), I suppose he means "High School" (a calque, so bad, but I am not sure what another word for post=elementary education is).
Mako

Post by Mako »

I was trying to say that jan Arpee might have become busy because he started college (university for non-Americans). One of the challenges of Toki Pona is the gap between what you want to say and what the audience understands. There is a reason many jan pi TP include a translation of their TP writings in the same post. I posted a comment or two this summer at the Pu Lu website, but he hasn't updated it since August (hence my speculation about his school situation).
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

Colleges and universities have usually (if there are enough cases to say that with a straight face) been tomo sona suli.
It is usually better not to include a translation but to get your reader to give one, so you can see where the problems are and try to figure out how to deal with them. It's also better for the readers. But it does produce some embarrassingly weird results.
jan Akesimun

Post by jan Akesimun »

a a a. Like that one? But jan Mako could be right. I finally refound the website, and he hasn't made any changes or new comments. It's kind of a shame, though, that he hasn't found the time to update and experiment with the language. It could be interesting to see how it develops, especially since his languages seem to be a family descended from toki pona.
Last edited by jan Akesimun on Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yo estuve aquí.
janMato

Post by janMato »

He posted a Rudolf the Rednose Reindeer on youtube in tika. Here is a link from a Russian article about tp and the video is embedded and misattributed to

http://adventureda.blogspot.com/2010/12/toki-pona.html

http://www.youtube.com/user/arpee9216
Mako

Post by Mako »

Ah! I see it's back up. Perhaps I ought to try to write something in Pu Lu and send to him to see what happens :D (BTW I am Beholderofocean in the guestbook).
k2attack

Post by k2attack »