kalama musi li toki e toki pona

Mind and thought: Wisdom, mental health, cognition, self-talk, consciousness, philosophy, psychology, optimizing your thinking, productivity hacks
Menso kaj penso: Saĝaĵoj, psiĥa sano, kogno, memparolado, psiĥa stato, filozofio, psikologio, rearanĝi sian pensadon, plibonigi sian produktokapablon
janMato

Re: kalama musi li toki e toki pona

Post by janMato »

mi ken ala pali e ni: mi sitelen e toki musi pi toki pona kepeken kalama musi
After "e ni:" you start a new sentence, so you need a subject. And I would use kepeken, since it has a pretty clear instrumental sense. You were intending to improve your writings by means of music (or rhythm).

jan Kute- Sorry I edited your message. Honestly I thought I'd clicked quote. I must be getting tired.
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

What comes after 'ni:' is a sentence, so needs a subject (and, probably, 'li').
What do you want to say. if "poetry for music" then 'tawa'.
Kuti

Post by Kuti »

janMato wrote: I must be getting tired.
me too ^^
i make mistakes XD
janKipo wrote: What do you want to say.
:? metrics
but yes it is like poetry on music
janMato

Post by janMato »

:? metrics
but yes it is like poetry on music
That distinction is too fine for toki pona. If I read you right, it means poetry that is more prominent and topical than the background music. If that was an important concept, you'd have to take a few sentences to elaborate (in toki pona) about it. Otherwise, you'd have to lump it with a word like "kepeken" or "en" or "poka" (now that I think of it, poka works well here, since poka can mean "accompanying"/"together with")

jan Kipo has pretty consistently (and I'm pretty sure about this) discouraged using lon for abstractions and instead preferring to use it for physically fixing physical things in space. If we did decide to use lon for abstractions, then it's hard to say what. We don't have a lot of canonical examples from jan Sonja. From the community corpus, we have a lot of usages that seem to just be repeating the English preposition system (or some other European language). What would be best imho, is if something spontaneously emerged and wasn't just a rehash of people's L1's proposition system.
Kuti

Post by Kuti »

Thanks for your answer, it is interesting. I never thougt about poka in that place, but the idea seems good

My point was, music has tempo and rythm, so the text must go along. So it has to have "rythm" too. Each line must have the same number of syllables.
It is easy to do in french, but it seems to not work that way in toki pona :(
Jan KoAla

Post by Jan KoAla »

uploaded a video to youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1HhMpID ... r_embedded

Probably some errors, but no worries!