mi pali e ijo, ni li pona ala pona?

Creativity: Poetry, music, comics, etc.
Kreado: Poezio, muziko, bildrakontoj, ktp.
janNuwoma

mi pali e ijo, ni li pona ala pona?

Post by janNuwoma »

jan pi toki pona o, mi pana e nimi pi toki pona lon sitelen Anime ni: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCPUwQavtGk
taso la mi sona ala e toki Nijon, mi pana tan nimi Inli. jan ante li sona e toki Nijon la o pona e ni.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ale li pona
jan_Pusa

Re: mi pali e ijo, ni li pona ala pona?

Post by jan_Pusa »

nimi pi sitelen musi ni li seme?
olin jan li ike la ni li pakala mute.
Kung ang mahalin ka ay bawal, ito'y napakasakit.
janNuwoma

Post by janNuwoma »

jan_Pusa wrote:nimi pi sitelen musi ni li seme?
ona li sitelen "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure," ona li pona mute tawa mi
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ale li pona
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

Well, I can't help with Japanese and I think I missed some of the captions, but here are some comments on what I have.
'ni li suli ala suli e ona' "Does this increase it" What is 'ona'? Increase in what way? Not clear from context. Reponse seems to be 'pona' which doesn't really answer the question.
"ante e nena AA tawa nenC" Seems to need an initial 'o'. "Change hill AA to hill C"? I thought maybe "insert tab AA" but that didn't fit. Maybe "change AA battery to C battery" (by way of "pile") but that doesn't seem to fit either.
'ni li anpa" "This is down"? 'o lukin tan ni" "Look because of this" not clear from context.
'mani 1.25 li wile' "1.25 money needs/wants" I don't know how to say "1.25 units of money" (or "1.25" altogether) in tp, but this seems to want to say I or somebody neds/wants 1.25 units so '... wile e mani...'
'pilin la' =? 'mi pilin e ni:'?
'nena moku suli lon uta sina' what this says is clear, what it means not so much.
'sina kute e mi. jan ike o. seems a question. but not so marked.
'namako la' ? = ? "by the way"?
'mi sona e nasa ona taso suli a!' "I know its (whose?) craziness but great!" something missing, not sure what.
'Tommy' is probably not an approriate word for a proper adjective of this sort.
'mi pini awen tan sina' "I am through waiting because of you"? ??
The rest is pretty clear and seems OK (and all this may be, too, I just don't get some of it).
janNuwoma

Post by janNuwoma »

sorry, I'm not the best at toki pona, but here's the English subs I used http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB54VLXR9s4
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ale li pona
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

Yes, that helps and shows that your work is very good' I just missed a lot of the context in the pictures (too busy with the text). So the nena are nena meli ot the poki nena that emphasize them. I am not sure how to say "watch out for" but suspect it is just 'lukin e' , unemphatic as that is. '[jan li esun e tu tawa] man 1.25' however we do that last bit. "seen you before" 'lukin e sina lon tenpo pini' (but "elsewhere" works, too, since the past is implicit. 'walo uta' and 'kiwen uta' are common for "tooth", so fang might be one of those plus 'suli' or even 'soweli'; you string doesn't call fangs to mind, somehow. I'm not sure whether 'namako' works for "I don't care"nor whether a 'la' clause is the right place for that, but I have no suggestions about how to do it better. 'tenpo pini suli la mi awen e sina'. Next to last is the only clear miss, but is an awfully complicated notion for tp. A first try: 'mi sona e ni: mi moli e ona la ni li pona ala. taso sina moli e jan Speedwagon. tan ni la tenpo kama la sina kama jo e ike.' (Really terrible)
janNuwoma

Post by janNuwoma »

janKipo wrote:Yes, that helps and shows that your work is very good'
Thanks, I gave it a lot of effort to compensate for translating from a translation.
janKipo wrote:'walo uta' and 'kiwen uta' are common for "tooth", so fang might be one of those plus 'suli' or even 'soweli'; you string doesn't call fangs to mind, somehow.
I'll keep those terms in mind; I figured this would be a weak spot for me, since it's not something I say every day.
janKipo wrote:I'm not sure whether 'namako' works for "I don't care"nor whether a 'la' clause is the right place for that, but I have no suggestions about how to do it better.
I feel like "la" is really underused; it seems like it could help save a lot of time and words when context is available.
janKipo wrote:'tenpo pini suli la mi awen e sina'.
Also here is where space constraints forced me to paraphrase to something that hopefully still works?
janKipo wrote:Next to last is the only clear miss, but is an awfully complicated notion for tp. A first try: 'mi sona e ni: mi moli e ona la ni li pona ala. taso sina moli e jan Speedwagon. tan ni la tenpo kama la sina kama jo e ike.' (Really terrible)
I tried to be careful and translate from the base meaning instead of the words there. I felt what I went with in the end got the point across as well as I felt I'd be able to.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ale li pona
Kuti

Post by Kuti »

MESSAGE DELETED