head, shoulders, knees and toes

Creativity: Poetry, music, comics, etc.
Kreado: Poezio, muziko, bildrakontoj, ktp.
janAetherStar

head, shoulders, knees and toes

Post by janAetherStar »

So here's my shot at it:
lawa,
sewi luka (above arms, since 'arm' is part of it you could even scrape your arms from top down)
noka ijo, noka ijo (since on it's own it's the noka you point to, together it just fits into the song as toes as well, like word play)
(x2)
en oko, en nena kute, en uta en nena kon, (you can get the rhythm perfect if you skip out the short rests in-between)
lawa,
sewi luka,
noka ijo
li-i lon! (because it sounds more final than the word 'ijo' and it rhymes with 'kon')
ale li pona. :)
sina o sona e ni.
janSilipu

Re: head, shoulders, knees and toes

Post by janSilipu »

"something's hind leg"? 'palisa noka' would be standard, I suppose (I don't think the issue has come up)
"knee" is 'insa noka' (this has come up).
But poetry can get away with quite a bit.
janAetherStar

Re: head, shoulders, knees and toes

Post by janAetherStar »

Yeah, I know, 'palisa noka' would be better but I've tried that. It doesn't sound as good because of the time it takes to say things. I didn't really notice that stuff before, I meant 'ijo noka' but must've messed around with the word order in my head. Maybe you could point to your toes and THEN your legs. Or you could just say 'insa noka', yeah, but it gives you less to point to. It's not usual for the song, but hey, different language, different ways? Thanks for alerting me to that though! :)
ale li pona. :)
sina o sona e ni.