Everything better with toki pona

Creativity: Poetry, music, comics, etc.
Kreado: Poezio, muziko, bildrakontoj, ktp.
janKalepa

Everything better with toki pona

Post by janKalepa »

lukin pi sitelen tawa pona kepeken toki pona.

janSilipu

Re: Everything better with toki pona

Post by janSilipu »

lon la pona. Musi kin.
pakala la jan Jota ("Speaking of disasters, Yoda", I.e., "A real problem Yoda is")
lon li weka
jan_Anti

Post by jan_Anti »

e ni, mi pilin: kepeken nasin ni, jan Jota li toki.

"wawa, sina kama. e poka pimeja, mi pilin, pi lon insa sina." (“Powerful you have become, the dark side I sense in you.”)

As long as you keep the comma, I think it'll work. It's not like Yoda-talk is grammatical in English either.
janKalepa

Post by janKalepa »

jan_Anti wrote:e ni, mi pilin: kepeken nasin ni, jan Jota li toki.

"wawa, sina kama. e poka pimeja, mi pilin, pi lon insa sina." (“Powerful you have become, the dark side I sense in you.”)

As long as you keep the comma, I think it'll work. It's not like Yoda-talk is grammatical in English either.
pona. mi o pali kepeken nasin sina:

janKipo

Post by janKipo »

Actually, you can get away with a lot in English without clearly being ungrammatical (I suspect Yoda pushes the envelope a bit). tp is much more rigorous and so we need to think through possibilities. And I think the answer is that we can shift VP around, keeping the 'li' and DO keeping the 'e' and PP just by its nature, leaving only the issue of what to do with the subject. Yoda seems to be just OSV most of the time and that should be pretty easy.
janKalepa

Post by janKalepa »

janKipo wrote:Actually, you can get away with a lot in English without clearly being ungrammatical (I suspect Yoda pushes the envelope a bit). tp is much more rigorous and so we need to think through possibilities. And I think the answer is that we can shift VP around, keeping the 'li' and DO keeping the 'e' and PP just by its nature, leaving only the issue of what to do with the subject. Yoda seems to be just OSV most of the time and that should be pretty easy.
Yoda talk in tpmis intetesting theme by itself.... could you give some examples of what you've just described?